Sunday, May 6, 2018

We Are Back!

We are back at camp.  Teddy is certainly happy about it!  I didn't post on Thursday because I took an adult education class for a skill I need for work, and on Friday night we saw a Talking Heads tribute band and that meant we couldn't leave town until Saturday morning.  We were told the weather was horrible on Friday night, so nothing was missed.

TBG cleared the water lines, pulled out the slide, started the fridge, etc. last week.  This week we just set things up. I will go out to clean more next weekend by myself.  We drove the wagon out and it was a problem-free drive.  Well, we've discovered the odometer isn't working and need to see if there is a chance they never hooked it up when they repaired the instrument cluster.  Mileage isn't an issue for registration once the car is over ten years old, so I'm in no hurry to get the car back in the garage.

I plan my menu and also bring a long an emergency item here and there.  Good thing I did. It was a jar of Tika Masala sauce.  TBG never packed the frozen ravioli and shrimp or turkey burgers from the freezer.  Luckily, I had the sauce and made foil packets with chicken, potatoes, red onion and red pepper which we cooked on the grill.  We had a salad on the side.  He left the spinach home, but we were going to need a bag of romaine (not from Arizona!) for the bagel and lox breakfast I had planned.

My phone takes horrible pictures --  but this was Saturday.  It was hazy and warm.  We worked up quite a sweat.  We did have a fire at night and didn't get bit by mosquitoes.  TBG did ride through hordes of other flies on his ride, which happens this time of year.  A nice walk through town with the pup was my major form of exercise.  It was good to be back!

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like great fun! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really enjoy it -- and it's a very affordable way to live a lake-front summer!

      Delete