Monday, May 14, 2018

Loose Ends

We donated the old cabinet that used to be in this corner this evening.  It was a bit of a chore getting it downstairs and into the truck, but it finally freed up the space for the chest that I have used to consolidate the towels and  bedding.  The space is still not very "styled" but at least now we can open the window and appreciate a breeze and also have something to sit on in the hallway.  The challenge will be to not let it turn into a dumping station.

My dresser has been moved to the middle of the wall opposite our big bed.  I moved the laundry baskets to either side of it.  Previously, they had been in the corner, blocking TBGs closet.  Not shown further to the right, are the big pile of shoes.  I do now have room adjacent to his closet to set up a shoe rack for him.

I picked up a a few mason jars at a barn sale this weekend.  Not being in the mood to haggle, I paid full price:  a dollar for them both.  These match the apothecary glass style hanging lamp I installed last weekend.

The room is in no way "decorated," but it looks a little bit better.  I have managed to alleviate some clutter and will continue to make it even less messy over the next few weeks.  Other than that, there is nothing to be done for it until the room is updated in the distant future.  But I at least feel as if I made a small improvement.

4 comments:

  1. Well done. I hope you feel a great sense of achievement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice when you get something done that you've been meaning to do for ages. The result isn't perfect, but it has made a difference in the claustrophobia we'd been feeling upstairs.

      Delete
  2. I have always "decorated" a bit at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I laugh at the Wayfair commercial where people decorate their entire house all at once. Who could afford that? We are piece-meal decorators too.

      Delete