Wednesday, May 16, 2018

$12 Summer Wardrobe Pick-me-Up

I wanted to add a little color to my summer wardrobe, so I decided to stop in to Amvets.  Yellow tags were 50% off and Red was 25%.   Most of what I found were yellow tags.  My goal was to find sleeveless tanks for work.  I was lucky to find a lightweight shirt I can wear over tanks as well.

When it comes to summer clothes, I like color.  I also like tanks that are oversized so I can wear them over capri-length leggins.  I'll wear a tighter tank or sleeveless undershirt beneath.

In addition to the tops, I found a pair of Lucky brand jeans.  These have some stretch in them.  They fit perfectly.  It is a brand I like and is a good quality too.  Now I have to think about putting away cold weather clothes. It's a chore, but I am happy things are warming up!

12 comments:

  1. I have a dear friend, who still lives in the town I moved away from in 2016. We met halfway on Tuesday and went to another town to thrift, which was a favorite pastime. I found 3 colorful, printed tees, a lightweight short-sleeved chambray shirt and a long-sleeved one, too. I only paid $8 for all. I think it is more fun to shop this way than if someone would give me $$$ to shop at a "regular" store! Also, found a beautiful small quilt for $5!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am envious you found a quilt because I was looking for one. What a great trip!

      Delete
  2. Practical ParsimonyMay 17, 2018 at 12:17 AM

    I like color winter and summer. Those are pretty tops you found and so cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like color all year 'round too, but there is a better selection in the warmer months for sure.

      Delete
  3. What a score! I need to go the clothing shuffle too since summer is FINALLY here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait until we put sub-flooring in the attic so I have more storage space, but even better will be when we redesign our bedroom so that I don't have to do the shuffle!

      Delete
  4. I did the switchover on Tuesday and guess what? Yesterday we had a cold snap I had to get my suede coat back out!
    What a lot of lovely colour. Summer clothes are so much better than winter ones! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put off switching because our winter just hung on too. I was feeling sorry for myself but then saw you were being tortured too!

      Delete
  5. They are great value, good finds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I wasn't so stubborn about the additional discounts, I could have gotten more -- but that is sort of my method of self-control!

      Delete
  6. Great finds! There is almost no clothing I bought new in my closet right now, all thrift store finds - and I've never had a better wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only thing I buy new is underwear. I do also buy new tank tops because I ruin them at a such a fast rate.

      Delete