Monday, March 5, 2018

Teddy is Ten!


I cannot believe my little girl is ten.  We have been through a lot with her!  I documented her bad-girl puppy days on her blog -- which I truthfully have not updated in years.  She just isn't as naughty these days.  Yes, she still can be a jerk (mostly just to mom and dad), however she does a good job of making friends and is quite a popular dog.

Aside from the trauma of hot-spots and major orthopedic surgery, she's been low maintenance.  Although she requires a lot of exercise, the amount has diminished with her age.  That's OK, my capacity has diminished with age too!

She was born on March 6th, 2008 and was part of a small litter of four.  There was only one boy -- and Teddy was bigger than he was.  I believe there might be a cow in her line (or possibly a pig if you go by her appetite).  Teddy is one of the dumbest dogs I know, but she is also one of the sweetest.  What she lack in brains, she makes up for in enthusiasm.  If Teddy had a slogan, it would be "I demand impunity!"

Happy Birthday Baby Girl!

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She says thanks, and can you convince her mom to get her a kitty for her birthday?

      Delete
  2. Happy birthday, Teddy! What kind of dog is she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is a golden retriever. We keep her hair clipped because of the hot spots so people sometimes think she is a yellow lab. She is very blond for a GRT, which is why I call her my "dumb blond!"

      Delete
  3. Love that beast. Too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, sometimes I call her my "Beastie Girl" because the soundtrack to her life could easily be a Beastie Boys rap.

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday, Teddy! I'm so glad to know you, and remember when you first came home with your mommy and daddy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've been with us a long time Jeannie! I know you remember her bad-girl puppy days. You've given me some good doggy feedback too -- we are glad to share the day with you!

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday Teddy! I miss our goldies so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because of our age and her size, she will probably be our last goldie. I wish I'd gotten one years ago. They are larger than life dogs and as sweet as they come.

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday Teddy! I thought Golden Retrievers were among the intelligent dogs. I love dogs. I travel a lot and I live in a small apartment so, I cannot imagine having a dog companion. One day, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, gorgeous gal! xxx

    ReplyDelete