Saturday, March 3, 2018

Shorts

 I end up saving a lot of money by shopping for clothes off season.  TBG was the recipient of my latest find.  He does not like cargo shorts.  His legs are a bit on the short side, so longer lengths do not work for him.  It was a pleasant surprise to find two pairs in his size while I was at Fallah's looking for 100% cotton crew neck sweatshirts.  Every few weeks I go looking for sweatshirts there for him.  He doesn't like blends and he doesn't like hoods.  That can be tough to accommodate, and it means I need to keep my eyes open.  Alas, I did not find any sweat shirts, but I did find these shorts.


I guess we can attribute the shorter length to them being a "vintage" style.  Remember the basketball shorts from the 70's?  What I liked the best about them, was their price.  They are 100% cotton and were six bucks each.  That's what I might hope to pay in a thrift.  What I can't understand, is why anyone would pay the $75 MSRP. Luckily for me, I got them for a fraction of that.

These will be great with a t-shirt or polo.  They are just the right style for my casual guy.  I was bummed that I couldn't find what I came in for, but count the trip a success because I "came up short."

6 comments:

  1. I love it when things like that happen - it's definitely a happy!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, there were other things I found too... Fallah's a is a great resource for super-hero t-shirts, so I was able to snag a couple of advanced birthday presents too. So it was a super happy shop!

      Delete
  2. Great find on those shorts, especially new! My hubby is not tall and those long shorts nowadays just look silly on him. He buys breathable fabric cargo shorts at Bass Pro Shops. About $20 each, but worth it because he works outside and it gets super hot and humid here. Oh, and I don't like the poly blend sweatshirts either. Hard to find all cotton ones. I have an old zip up hoodie with a waffle weave lining that I wear at work when I go in the freezer. I've been trying to find another one like it, but no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the Bass-Pro tip. He would use those for yard work and at camp so I appreciate the share! TBG hates hoodies. These days, that is all you can find. I have toyed with joking by getting him a hoodie and cutting off the arms, but that would be a waste of $$ because he would find no humor in it...

      Delete
  3. Buying off season is the only way to go unless you just like overspending. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was probably not only off-season, but last year. Works for me too!

      Delete