Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Mop It Up

After having broken the floor attachment for my steamer, I decided to purchase a mop.  Being the TV shopping addict that I am, I bought one on-line.  I had purchased an "As Seen on TV" mop at Big Lots, which I promptly returned, and decided to try the real-thing it was trying to copy -- the Joy Mangano "Miracle Mop."  It was on sale and I got it for 13 bucks, along with an extra mop head.  I only purchased the mop, not the bucket. We don't have room for another bucket and I wasn't sure I wanted to spend on it in case I did not like the mop.  The Miracle Mop was cheaper than the "As Seen on TV" copy-cat version -- even with shipping and handling.


The mop did an adequate job.  Since it is all loop, there is no "scrubber" edge for stuck on dirt.  It is also heavier than I thought it would be.  Granted, one of the reasons I returned the "As Seen on TV" mop is that it was flimsy and not very high quality.  It was also missing the promised second mop head.  So I guess I can live with Joy's mop being huskier.

Cleaning with the steamer took less time and was easier.  I will miss that!  This mop will be fine for now. I like that I can remove and wash the mop head.  I miss not being able to clean without chemicals too.  The steam cleaned the floor will with just water.  Well, since I broke the attachment, I have no one to blame but myself.  I need to get back to mopping more frequently and then I won't have to scrub as hard!

4 comments:

  1. What type of flooring is that? I have hardwood floors, (oak) and linoleum in the bathrooms. I don't use chemicals, I use a combination of water and Dr. Bronner's Sal Suds to mop my floors. I know you have to be careful with soft wood floors, but Sal Suds would be fine on those. It's very pricey, about $13/bottle, but that bottle should last years, as you need just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is laminate. It was here when we moved in. Someday when we remodel the kitchen, I'll put down tile. I am going to look into more natural cleaning solutions for sure. Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. I love my steam mop, couldn't live without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give myself some time, but I might have to relent and buy another!

      Delete