Sunday, March 4, 2018

Girls Morning

This morning I had a nice "girls morning," with just me and Teddy.  TBG went snow-shoeing with his GF Melissa.  We were intentionally separate!  There is no way I could treck five-plus miles, over hill and dale.  Plenty of snow was to be found at Chestnut Ridge park and I want my guy to  be able to take advantage of that.  I also wanted to spend the morning taking pictures of some of my favorite things in North Tonawanda, where I am now working.  I've been dying to share Cats Like Us with my readers.


How cool is a shop full of "new-vintage"/rockabilly style clothing?  It's a little gem in our kitschy world up in my new professional territory. There are promotional posters in the window too, advertising local swing-dance nights, vintage car shows, etc.

The neighborhood is rife with second-hand and antique stores.  This one is right next door to Cats Like Us and is called "A Little Bit of Everything."  I could find lots of things to love here!


As if a rockabilly inspired store is not enough, there is "Sweet Heart Pinups" on the next block.  This is sort of a sister-store to Cats Like Us.

It is nice to see a small business like this can afford a store-front.  That is the nice thing about small towns like North Tonawanda.  It's affordable -- and walkable.  I love walking around these shops.

I may not be in the market for a photography or a pin-up any time soon, but it would we cool to see more of what's inside.  Maybe one of these days, I'll do a photo session of me with my Gretsch guitar!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks,I live near Toronto but get over to buffalo. It's interesting to see local places to shop. More please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few more cool little shops in this area which I will share for sure!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. They are more likely to thrive here because of the lower cost of living. It makes the rent a lot more affordable. They have been around long enough that they seem sure to survive.

      Delete
  3. Looks like a great walk! I love the "Mom & Pop" stores too, getting few and far between around here, unfortunately. What a nice treat for "girl time".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised to see more and more of them open up and it makes for a nice little community -- and a wonderful walk!

      Delete