Friday, March 16, 2018

Getting Ready for Summer

I know, it's not even spring yet, so why am I thinking of summer?  Because I am cheap!  I found summer stuff on sale for 60% off at Joanne's and figured I might as well buy in advance.  We are going out to camp tomorrow for the day to check on the spot, so I guess I have summer on my mind.



Last month I ordered Sunpatiens from QVC.  They are good quality annuals and will arrive the first week of May, which is appropriate for our zone.  Last week, I ordered a set of six solar lights.  They have crackled glass and hang from shepherds hooks -- hooks included.  Today I picked up liners for my hanging baskets.  I've made my own liners with blue burlap, but that needs to be replaced.  On sale, I paid $2.50 per liner -- much cheaper than making my own.

I also picked up a door wreath.  This one will work for Spring and Summer -- maybe even fall.  It was half off too.

We are expecting some more snow -- and it's I believe it's snowed every day this month.  Boy am I ready for summer!  How about you?

6 comments:

  1. Snowed here tonight in South Dakota...hoping spring comes soon! Love the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I generally hate fake flowers, but for a door wreath, it's the best option. I hope to plant lavender to match in the front garden.

      Delete
  2. SNowing here too. Very unusual for this part of the UK to get much snow.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been reading that and am shocked too. My region is known for snow and get teased about it a lot, however we are far in-land from the Atlantic and the areas along the seaboard have gotten it worse that us. So I guess I have some nerve complaining!

      Delete
  3. Springlike conditions here on Vancouver Island, some flowers already (sorry). I too am looking forward to summer though - hubby cleaned out the garage and I am trying to figure out what to plant this summer, leaning towards more food than flowers though

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daffodils have bloomed and some are gone. Tulips blooming too. It was 74 here today, so I am saying summer is here...lol. We are in tornado season, so is that to look forward to and look out for. My redbud and Yoshino cherry is blooming. The cherry sheds flowers in the rain, so the yard is sprinkled with pinkish-white flowers under it. Grass and weeds need mowing! I have planted things and have seeds to sprout and seeds for flowers to sow.

    ReplyDelete