Friday, February 23, 2018

Friday F**K-up

In keeping with my new Friday chore-day tradition, I managed to break something else while cleaning this week. It is embarrassing to admit, but when I stripped the big bed, I didn't notice TBG had his nook there.  So, I washed it.  It's dead.


I feel badly about this because he loved his Nook.  Granted, it's probably at least seven or eight years old, but he used it every single day he had it.   Last year I bought a Kindle Fire so  he could download library books.   His Nook was so old that his OS would not work with OverDrive.

I looked into various replacements but he is going to see if he can get his Kindle to work with his BN books.  Nook readers have come down in price a lot, so it wouldn't be a big deal to replace, or we would buy him a better tablet.

He is taking this better than I am.  I have to figure out why I need to break something on my weekly cleaning day.  At this rate, I'll use up everything I earn on buying replacements for the things I break!

10 comments:

  1. As long as he is not furious, you can get over it...lol. However, you are right about replacing things being expensive.

    I might wash things in pants pockets, but I take the sheets and straighten them first and sort of accordion fold them into the washer. That is how my mother taught me to do it, so don't laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you for the tip, I plan on using it! It certainly would have helped with this debacle. I always watch out for things in the gathered edges of the fitted sheets, but your method would have certainly prevented that as well as my faux-pas!

      Delete
  2. Oh, no! Glad he took it well anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh crap, that is terrible. I have done that to my daughters phones, years ago. It was an accident but I am sure you just want to kick yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, when I opened the washing machine and saw it, I wanted to jump in and spin myself!

      Delete
  4. When things like that happen, it makes me wonder how we ever lived our lives without cell phones, computers and ipads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am taking solace in the fact that technology prices are not as high as they were years ago. If I get him just a reader, it will be only $49 -- that's $200 less than what I paid for it 8 years ago. Small comfort!

      Delete
  5. Years ago people thought I was terrible when I laughed at a situation similar to yours. My dad called me at work to tell me that he had checked the oil in the riding mower. Took it to a client's house and suddenly there was black smoke. Either he had forgotten to put the dipstick back in or it wasn't tightly screwed down. Result was we had to buy a new riding mower. Laughter was the best response and life continued - it is just stuff after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. And luckily, TBG is getting a lot of mileage out of telling people about it. I feel it's OK to laugh at me for this one!

      Delete