Monday, October 30, 2017

Herbs in the House

 

The temperature is dropping and I am working to save some of the herbs and plants from the garden.  We brought the aloe-vera plan in this weekend.  I have a bunch of cacti I also hope to have time to rescue. 



Our rosemary made an end of summer come-back once the perpetual rain eased off and we got some heat. I really enjoy fresh rosemary.  I cut this from the garden on Saturday too.  I've been using it while it dries and do hope to have some left.

Our lavender was slow to start with all of the rain too, but ended up coming in.  Once this is dry, I will make sachets.

I don't know how much I will get out of my end-of the season herb haul, but I sure am going to try!

8 comments:

  1. I love your aloe vera plant, I've never had much luck with them.
    Gah! I usually dry our rosemary, sage and oregano but it's completely slipped my mind this year. We made some great soap with the rosemary last Spring. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not good luck last year. But we had a lot of hot days this year and it finally grew out. I plan to use it on my skin!

      Delete
  2. I too just harvested some Rosemary. And I need to cut and dry some oregano before it all freezes. Are you able to winter over your rosemary plants in your climate? The first time I tried, mine died from the cold. But now I put a wall-o-water plant protector around it and it's made it through 2 winters so far. We'll see how it fares this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lavender came back and we also planted some. Not sure how the rosemary will do. Dill is a weed and does fine! We are in Zone 5 which freezes. I think I will put something down to protect the herbs. It's worth a try!

      Delete
  3. I must be the only person alive who can't grow rosemary. Come to think of it, I can't grow anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had it planted to close to our hostas and the lavender. I thought it was gone, but when I wasn't paying attention, some sprung up. I consider the growth luck and none of my skill!

      Delete
  4. The best in shopping entertainment. herbsandliquids gives you an endless stream of the best herbal incense products online!

    ReplyDelete

  5. Awesome article, I am a big fan of this website, keep on posting that great content, and I'll be a regular visitor for a long time...looking for the next one....keep it up! grills for your patio

    ReplyDelete