Tuesday, August 15, 2017

The Sky is Always Blue Somewhere!

There are days you long for a blue sky but all you can get is a brief glimpse.  Some days, clouds are white and fluffy, and on others they are thick and dark.  Luckily for me, most of my days are a mix.  I wish they were all bright blue sky days but they never seem to work out that way.

We went swimming in the river today and it was obvious that the dark sky was bringing in rain.  That didn't stop us.  As long as there is no thunder or lightning, I'm not going to let a gray sky or rain get in my way.  Granted, this has been a super wet summer, so it rains three or four days out of the week.  We really have no choice but to carry on with the rain.  While I was in the water, it poured like crazy -- but we had a good swim, probably my best so far of the summer.

I think we do ourselves a disservice if we let "gray skies" color our view of the world.  I am coming up on my first year work anniversary at my new job and there were a lot of ups and downs, but I am glad I stuck it out because I am now doing very well.  Five years ago, I had planned to be semi-retired by now, but the job I was going to do that with disappeared.  So back into the full-time job market I went.  Yes, I'd like to have more free time, but I am also making 50% more than I was five years ago.  If you figure that I would be making half of what I had been earning had I followed my part-time plan, that gray cloud ended up with a substantial silver lining.

It's really easy to give in to the gray when it seems like the sun will never shine.  However, even on days we don't see the sun, the sky is blue behind the clouds.  We either have to work through the clouds, or be patient enough for them to clear.

I figure if I have to be a cloud, I'll be the white happy fluffy kind and not be bothered when the dark ones push me around a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment