Monday, August 28, 2017

Motivational House Guest

Our house was a disaster. During the summer, the place just turns into a dump.  The room I sleep in looked like a college dorm room.  Then my sister-in-law texted TBG to say she had a conference in town on Sunday and asked if she could stay.  That was last week.  That meant Saturday was spent cleaning.  Just the fire under my butt needed to get things set straight.


The curtains are new.  I decided the window had to be addressed, so I picked up panels on clearance at Big Lots. These were marked down to $14 per panel and were BOGO@50% -- so the set was just twenty-one bucks.  We got a new landline phone -- phone and answering machine plus three cordless units.  I was able to put a phone in that room.  And yes, we still use a land-line and will keep it for quality and dependability purposes.

Not in this picture, is the beside fan normally on the left.  The blades and motor were quite dusty, so I took it apart and cleaned it all.  That was something that needed to be done for months.  I honestly need to do some more legitimate decorating in the room, but it's a low priority.  Right now it is comfortable and suits it's purpose -- a place to sleep and keep clothing.

It was nice to see my SIL and if not for her, our house would still be an embarrassing mess!

3 comments:

  1. For about two years I had a party/picnic once a month. My house never looked so clean and free of clutter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this blog!! The flash up the top is awesome!! Motivational products

    ReplyDelete