Thursday, September 29, 2016

Working it Out


Adapting to a new and different workplace has not been a problem for me, but it has been an eye-opener.  My new position is a challenge and there is a higher volume of work than what my previous employer presented.  Work days are shorter, but start later.  Rather than going in for 7AM, I'm in at 9AM.  I don't hate that!  What is different, is getting home an hour and a half later and trying to fit evening tasks in.  This is one reason, why my posting frequency has fallen off a bit.  Chances are I'll be staying a bit later some evenings and that will draw out my day too.

I'm one of those people who is not afraid to re-invent and it looks like some things that I focused on over the past two years are going to change.  Working in a bank meant restraining my wardrobe, pushing the envelope only a little here and there to be creative without crossing any lines.  Now those lines are gone.  The clothes I wore to work at the bank probably won't be an asset.  That means I'll be packing them up, probably donating them, and spending money on clothes.  The image above isn't a photo from my new workplace, but it very closely captures the look and feel.

Over the next few months, I'm going to have to decide what to cull, what to keep, and what to buy.  Orthopedic challenges mean that pumps are out for a while but I can't make myself part with my shoe collection just yet!

2 comments:

  1. Try shifting some of your evening work at home to morning.
    Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes sense except that I hate working before work. I like to go into the office fresh so I can really dive into what I have before me. I might decide to workout before work, which I used to do...

    ReplyDelete